As we are continuously growing, we are always seeking new and qualified applicants. In addition to our caregivers, Living With Guidance relies on many individuals to ensure that we continue to provide exceptional service. If you feel that you possess the skills and attitude necessary to be part of our team, please contact us today!
LIVING WITH GUIDANCE
Responsibilities will be focusing on conducting client assessments, developing patient-centered care plans for each individual home care client, caregiver oversight and training and maintaining the quality improvement program. Other duties may include:
- Assess clients. Plan, coordinate and document care for clients.
- Quarterly supervision and evaluation of In-Home Aides.
- Provide education and training to caregivers according to the Right at Home requirements, NC State Law and as dictated by the client’s personalized care plan.
- Ensure that all paperwork and records, policies and procedures meet NC State standards.
- Report significant changes in client status to physician in a timely manner consistent with the client’s needs.
- Initiate actions to improve the quality of patient care. Take appropriate actions independently and responsively in home care situations. Initiate referrals as needed to other health team members.
- Work with administrative staff to accomplish JCAHO accreditation.
- Work with administrative staff to apply for and secure skilled nursing license. Occasionally fill open shifts to ensure continuity of care for clients.
- This position requires some travel.
Education & Experience:
- One year of home health experience required.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 15-20 HOURS PER WEEK
- Graduate of an accredited school
- Current license in the state of North Carolina.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or agency requirements and in good repair. Must have reliable transportation as job requires visiting clients in their homes.
- Current CPR certification preferred. Will train/certify.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Initiates, develops and implements nursing plan of treatments; evaluating patient progress towards goals. Organizes and participates in the provision of direct patient care, performs treatments, administers medications, and educates patients and families/caregivers. Modifies plan of treatment in response to changing patient status or physician orders to achieve established or revised patient care goals.
- Assesses patient needs and physical status at each skilled visit through health data access and patient interview. Re-evaluates patient needs through physical reassessment, response to therapy, and supplemental physician orders. Obtains and clarifies physician orders for plan of treatment revisions, informs physician promptly of significant changes in patient’s condition, and provides written summary to physician within supplemental order.
- Provides effective and safe teaching using patient-centered care approach for patient and family to achieve independence with prescribed therapy and care needs through active participation per plan of treatment goals.
- Effectively and timely communicates with Living With Guidance’s team, medical providers, patients and families/caregivers to facilitate continuity of care. Prepares clinical documentation in real-time during visits and submits to the agency director to comply with established time lines for billing optimization. Completes all documentation legibly, and applies approved abbreviations and documentation error correction practices per Living With Guidance’s policy.
- Demonstrates compliance with agency operations, Living With Guidance’s policies and procedures, professional standards, local, state, federal regulations/guidelines, and accreditation standards.
- Maximizes work efficiency through the use of computers and other automation technologies to validate plan of treatment orders, communicates patient care provided, and follows assigned visit schedule. Completes Daily Activity Record paper or electronic (eDAR) accurately and legibly according to agency submission requirements at the end of each work day.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to patient requests. Initiates emergency procedures as necessary.
- Accepts accountability for own practice through ethical and professional conduct. Follows established programs and practice within policies and procedures reflective of Living With Guidance’s mission, values and objectives.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Living With Guidance information including adherence to HIPAA regulations.
- Speaks knowledgeably about Living With Guidance’s scope of services and effectively instructs patients about related financial obligations for care and service charges.
- Attends and completes required training modules, in-services, and continuing education to maintain competency and professional licensure for demonstrated knowledge regarding the care and management of patients in the home and/or alternate care settings. Participates in multidisciplinary team conferences and provides mentoring to other nurses for orientation and supervisory activities as assigned. Effectively provides oversight and coordination of paraprofessionals in the home setting and may act as the Supervisor in the absence of the Supervisor or Nurse Manager as applicable in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties are different for each client, as each client has their individual care plan. The job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Recording pertinent information pertaining to client’s care
- Reminding clients to take medication at the appropriate time
- Planning and preparing meals according to specific dietary requirements of the client, and if necessary, feeding the client
- Assisting the client with therapy exercises under the direction of a Registered Therapist
- Assisting or performing personal care including hair care, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming and dressing
- Assisting with ambulation with or without mechanical aids
- Assisting with routine bodily functions: example: toileting
- Maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environmental through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen, bathroom, and laundry.
- Proving companionship and stimulation of the client including reading, walks, etc, and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments
- Grocery shopping or other errands when needed
- Performing other housekeeping task as indicated in the care plan
- Taking client’s vital signs and recoding input and output
- Observing and reporting changes in client’s condition to the agency director or supervisor
- Accurately preparing daily records and submitting them to the office by established due date
- Participating in in-service education programs
Education & Experience:
- Personal caregiving experience (1 year preferred)
- High school graduate or G.E.D. (CNA certificate preferred)
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed
- Possess a valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile or reliable transportation